Friday 29 November 2013

Watami Singapore at Jcube

Side-track a little first. Recently I'm hooked onto the drama "너의 목소리가 들려 (I Can Hear Your Voice)". The drama plot is really captivating! Korean drama lovers out there, it's a must watch!! Haha love the 이보영 이종석 couple <3

Haha okay back to my main topic! Weeks ago, Will and I had cravings for ramen and so we decided to have dinner at Watami. We walked past Watami countless times but this was really the first time we stopped and went in. There is a touch screen tablet at the entrance of the restaurant where you have to indicate the number of people dining and get a queue number. The restaurant staff will then call for your queue number when a table is ready.

 
While waiting for our queue number to be called, it's a good opportunity to check out the restaurant promotions!


 
Will and I decided to go for the ramen promotion where you have 4 choices of ramen at $12.80. You can also upgrade the ramen to a value set and get an additional Half Watami Salad at $4.80. Feeling very hungry, we ordered 2 other ala carte dishes from the menu as well.
 
Kushiyaki Miso Onigiri (Rice ball skewer with miso paste) was first on our table.
 
Kushiyaki Miso Onigiri ($4.90)
 
The grilled onigiri had crispy rice on the outside and soft, chewy rice on the inside. As the onigiri had no seasonings to it, it managed to balance out the saltiness of the miso paste. Delicious!
 
The second ala carte dish that we ordered was the Chicken Katsu Tamago Toji (Chicken cutlet with scramble egg sauce). The egg came separately so we got to cook the scramble egg!
 
Chicken Katsu Tamago Toji ($11.80)

Allow the sauce to boil for a little while to cook the onions. Beat the egg, pour it into the boiling sauce and tadaaa it's ready!! Will had the honour to cook the egg and it looked great! Haha


The chicken cutlet was crispy and tender, and the scrambled egg was soft and moist! The only downside was the sauce. It could be more diluted and made less salty >.<

The Half Watami Salad (Special Watami salad with tuna sauce) came just in time.

Half Watami Salad
 
Will and I were surprised at the portion of the salad. So generous! As seen from the photo, the salad comprised of lettuce, broccoli, cherry tomatoes, corn bits, seaweed, yellow crispy strips (not sure what it is), chicken chunks and a scoop of tuna mayo. I dislike eating raw vegetables and salads but this salad was yummy!! I really liked it that the blanched broccoli was well-cooked and soft. Hate blanched vegetables that tasted raw. It got to be the best salad I ever had and I'm craving for it now. A non-salad lover craving for salad. Haha
 
After the pleasant surprise from the dishes above, it's time for some nightmare. Will ordered the Watami Ramen Special while I ordered the Kara Miso Ramen.

Watami Ramen Special ($12.80)
 
I stirred through my bowl of ramen to hunt for the main ingredients and this was what I found. Look at the miserable piece of Chashu in my bowl of ramen. -.-
 
Kara Miso Ramen ($12.80)

Although there was only a miserable piece of Chashu and a halved egg, the portion of noodles was generous. It should be ok right? No!! The ramen broth was SO SALTY that it was almost beyond consumption. I left the ramen untouched after few mouths. I am never going to order the ramen ever again. Will's ramen had more pieces of Chashu, a whole egg and tasted slightly less salty. So if you do want to try the ramen, my advice is to order the Watami Special Ramen.

Despite the ramen nightmare, I'm still craving for the Watami salad. I will be back for the salad soon!! ^^



Cheerios,
Mari



No comments:

Post a Comment