Wednesday 11 December 2013

Yayoiken at Bugis+

Located near the entrance of Bugis+, Yayoiken is a Japanese restaurant not to be missed. Yayoiken has a history of more than 125 years (!!!) and strives to serve customers a wide variety of high-quality menu items in a pleasant and relaxed environment.

Although the restaurant did not stand out at first glance, the promotion banner did! There were set menus from $9.90 and free flow of rice with every order!! For carbo-fans like my mom, it's great ^^

Haha I attempted to take a photo of the interior from my seat but didn't turn out so well. Restricted view. Oops.


Highlight of the restaurant! You can place your order through the touch screen tablet. No more waving of hands or calling out "Excuse me!!" to get the staff's attention. You can easily browse the menu, select and confirm orders. Warm/cold water can also be ordered and it's free.     
 
My brother ordered the Mix Toji Set (Sliced pork/beef, fried prawn and pork culet topped with egg) and it looked really appetizing when served. The fried prawn and sliced pork were good but the pork cutlet was slightly dry and hard.
 
Mix Toji Set ($13.90)
 
My mom ordered the Yasai Itame Set (Stir-fried vegetables with sliced pork set).
 
Yasai Itame Set ($.9.90)
 
For vegetable-lovers, this is highly recommended! The vegetables were really fresh, crunchy and flavourful. But if you prefer to have more sliced pork than vegetables, Buta Yakiniku Set (Sliced pork and vegetables on hot plate set) will be just right for you. Both menus are of the same price!
 
My dad ordered the Oyako don + On Udon Set (Chicken & scrambled egg rice bowl with hot udon soup), while I ordered just the Oyako don (Chicken & scrambled egg rice bowl). The Oyako don came in a cute lunch box container.

Oyako Don ($9.90), Oyako Don + On Udon ($12.90)
 
The portion of chicken & scrambled egg was really generous and it tasted less salty than I expected. Thumbs up! I couldn't finish the Oyako don on my own and had to share it with my family. The hot udon soup was simple and good too.

In my opinion, Yayoiken offers decent Japanese food at affordable prices. Worth a try! I will definitely be back again ^^



YAYOIKEN Japanese Restaurant
201 Victoria Street #01-08
Singapore 188067
Bugis+
Tel: 6636 5448



Cheerios,
Mari


No comments:

Post a Comment